Tuesday, 4 March 2014

World book day costume ideas

So it's that time of the year again.........

Yes that's right, the time of year that requires you to be innovative with a pair of tights and stuffing,

World book day

We got the letter of doom declaring the dressing up of the children as book characters, oh yes they are excited as they all read like book worms whilst I rock in the corner to try and figure out how to create a gruffalo.

I'm no Scrooge, dressing up is fun but this year I have 5 children to dress up for Thursday I have a few ideas:

Thing 1 and thing 2 (that's two with the same - winner) 
Where's Wally (stripes)
Hermione granger (my eldest did this last year)
Gruffalo (not thought this one through)
Very hungry caterpillar (green things are easy)
Cat in the hat (not sure where I would find the hat)

I have zero budget so it's going to have to be sourced from home 

What are your budget costume ideas for world book day?